Winchester achieved an excellent away point against second-in-the-table Salisbury despite playing 35 minutes of the game with 10 men after goalkeeper Luke Cairney was sent off and substitute Stuart Mot had to go in goal. 

It was Winchester's third successive draw with two of these coming in local derbies in front of four-figure crowds.  It was also their second draw against Salisbury in this campaign.

Salisbury had in fact won all of their last nine league home games and in fact their only failure to win on home soil this season was against Beaconsfield on the opening day of the season when the match finished all square at 1-1.

Winchester made two changes to the starting lineup with Devon Arnold and Ollie Griggs coming in for Ollie Balmer and Jamie Barron with Balmer and Barron on the substitutes bench.  However, the squad of 16 players was the same as on Saturday.  Danny King replaces Barron as captain.

Winchester however took the lead 7 minutes from halftime when two former Salisbury players combined with Tommy Wright followed after Devon Arnold's initial shot was blocked.  Prior to this for Winchester both Wright and Trevor Caborn had shots that were saved by Josh Gould in the Salisbury goal.  Wright also had one effort that was not far off target, while at the other end, Salisbury had a free kick that was not too far off target.

Having gone into the interval with a 1-0 lead Salisbury are awarded a penalty eight minutes into the second half and this is converted by Sido Jombati.  Shortly afterwards Winchester received their second blow of the half when goalkeeper Luke Cairney was sent off which led to Stuart Mott replacing Devon Arnold and going in goal.  Shortly afterwards Mott makes an excellent save following a free kick to keep Winchester level.

However, with 13 minutes left, Trevor Caborn gives Winchester the lead.  By this time Simba Mlambo had replaced Tommy Wright and Winchester made their third and final substitution when Barron replaced Dan Jones.

There were 8 minutes of added-on time and in the first of these Caborn sets up Max Smith whose effort is saved by Gould, but four minutes later Wayne Robinson scores to give Salisbury a point.