A PUB and houses have had to be evacuated after a large gas leak in a village street. 

Yesterday evening, firefighters were called at around 7pm to Curdridge Lane, Curdridge to deal with a large gas leak outside The Cricketers Inn. 

The pub and nearby houses had to be evacuated whilst crews worked to make the scene safe. 

Firefighters from Bishops Waltham were in attendence working with Hampshire Police, Hampshire Highways and Southern Gas Network. 

A Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: "Currently dealing with a large gas leak outside the Cricketers public house, Curdridge.

"Pub & local houses evacuated, working with Southern Gas Network (SGN) to safely resolve the incident."


More to follow.