A PERSON suffered smoke inhalation in a fire at a Winchester flat last night.

Firefighters from Winchester and Eastleigh were called at 10.10pm to a property on Alresford Road.

They dealt with a small fire in the first-floor bathroom of a two-storey flat.

The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, two jets and a ventilation fan for smoke clearance.

First aid was given to a casualty for light smoke inhalation and an ambulance was requested.

The stop message came in at 10.53pm.

A fire service spokeswoman said today that fire investigation were not required to attend.