A WOMAN who had a history of choking on food died at her Otterbourne home.

Elaine Wild, 67, was pronounced dead at the Meadowcroft Close property on December 7.

Paramedics were called to the scene after Ms Wild was heard choking by a relative but were unable to save her.

A post mortem report by pathologist Dr Adnan Al-Badri says she had choked on food in the past.

It states the preliminary cause of death as choking, with multiple sclerosis and chronic kidney disease contributing.

Area coroner Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp will hold a full inquest on October 15 in Winchester.