A CHANDLER’S Ford man died as a result of exposure to asbestos, a coroner said.

Michael Nicholas, 64, was a construction manager when he retired due to ill health in 2008.

An inquest in Winchester on Wednesday (July 31) heard that he cut sheets of asbestos while working on building sites in the 1960’s.

Mr Nicholas, of Regent Road, died of cancer at Countess Mountbatten House in Southampton on April 17.

Coroner for Central Hampshire, Grahame Short, recorded a verdict of death due to industrial disease.