Castleford proved nigh-on unstoppable as they crushed a shell-shocked Warrington 40-6 to move up to second in the First Utility Super League.

The Tigers have been the surprise packages this season and they proved their place in the upper reaches of the table was no fluke as a much-changed side brushed past last season's Grand Final runners-up for their eighth win of the season - just one fewer than they managed in the entirety of last term.

Michael Shenton scored a hat-trick of tries, James Clare added two, while there were further scores for Jamie Ellis and Richard Owen, with Marc Sneyd adding the extras to six of his seven conversion attempts.

Warrington, whose only score came through Michael Monaghan's converted try, have now lost five of their opening 10 matches.

Leeds produced a clinical second-half performance to break Salford's resistance and go top of the table with a 32-4 victory.

A much-changed Salford side had the better of an error-strewn first half and were unfortunate not to go into the break ahead.

The Rhinos scored the first try of the afternoon early on through Kevin Sinfield and, even though their line was broken on a number of occasions, they limited Salford to an unconverted Logan Tomkins try to take a 6-4 lead.

Leeds then clicked in attack in the second period, scoring brilliant long-range tries through Zak Hardaker and Ben Jones-Bishop either side of a Rob Burrow score.

Ryan Hall took his try tally for the season into double figures and Tom Briscoe touched down in the corner late on to add gloss to the result.

Wigan made it a memorable Easter period with a convincing 15-try demolition of bottom club Bradford Bulls.

The Super League champions made it two wins in three days following their Good Friday victory over St Helens with another dominating display in an 84-6 win - the same scoreline they had won by at Hull KR on Easter Monday 2013 - with Ryan Hampshire collecting a personal tally of 24 points

Hampshire ran in two tries in the opening 25 minutes as the Warriors touched down eight times in the first period, before running in a further seven tries in the second.

Widnes recovered from their Good Friday derby-day blip by recording their first ever home victory over St Helens in the Super League era.

Denis Betts' side were humbled 44-6 by Warrington a few days ago but that was soon forgotten as the Vikings bounced back in style, running in seven tries against Nathan Brown's men to clinch a 40-26 win.

Huddersfield registered their first home win of the season with a 36-16 win over Wakefield.

The Wildcats played well in patches but a superb performance from full-back Jarrod Sammut could not prevent them from suffering a sixth successive defeat.

Winless London proved to be the perfect opponent for Hull as they got back on track following their derby loss with a 40-4 win at the KC Stadium.

Cut down with 46 seconds left of a bruising clash against Hull KR on Thursday, Hull would surely have been glad to see the Broncos, now on zero points after 10 games, head to east Yorkshire.

And the afternoon proved to be the ideal recovery tonic for Lee Radford and his men as the relegation-haunted capital club shipped seven tries en route to their latest defeat.

Hull KR were unable to build on the derby victory, as they went down 37-24 at Catalan.

Elliott Whitehead and Michael Oldfield scored two tries apiece as the Dragons won their fourth consecutive game in league and cup.

Rovers prop Justin Poore was taken from the field with a serious-looking knee injury to compound the visitors' misery.