St Helens captain Paul Wellens sparked a remarkable fightback on his record-breaking Super League appearance to help the leaders maintain their 100 per cent record.

Castleford were heading for the top of the table when they led 28-14 after an hour but Saints, who fought back from 16-8 down at Huddersfield last Sunday to win their Challenge Cup-tie, ran in three tries in the last 13 minutes to snatch a 30-28 victory, with Adam Swift's late touchdown completing the remarkable turnaround.

Wellens, whose appearance at the start of the second half was the catalyst for the amazing comeback, was among the scorers on his 414th Super League appearance, bringing up the 1,000th point of his career in the process.

Jamie Peacock marked his 500th career appearance with a rare try as Leeds inflicted more pain on Wakefield with a 42-6 victory in their clash at Headingley.

The 36-year-old's trophy-laden career fittingly began as a Bradford Bulls player against Wakefield exactly 15 years ago and he will have enjoyed the way the Rhinos tore the men from Belle Vue apart for the second time in a week.

Iestyn Harris was able to celebrate victory in his opening match in charge of Salford as the Red Devils ran in seven tries in a 38-24 success at bottom team Bradford.

Head coach Harris, a former Bradford player, moved from assistant at Wigan to take over the reigns at the Barton-based club from Brian Noble a week beforehand and watched on as his new charges picked up only their second win in six games.

It was the Bulls fifth successive defeat and leaves them still on minus two points - two adrift of London Broncos at the foot of the table - and with a unenviable run of fixtures against Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens looming in the next month.

Wigan overcame a poor start against the London Broncos to make it four Super League wins in a row.

Jamie O'Callaghan and Mike McMeeken crossed over inside the first 10 minutes to give the winless London Broncos an ideal start, but the champions came roaring back to seal a 36-14 victory, with two familiar faces doing the damage.

It took Wigan almost half-an-hour to find their rhythm of the game and they grabbed their first try through former Broncos favourite Tony Clubb. Another ex-London star, Dan Sarginson, got in the act before the break, as did Iain Thornley as they led 16-10 at half-time.

This game was anything but a classic and it took the Warriors another 23 minutes after the break before they breached the London line through Clubb again.

The Broncos fell away and made too many errors and further tries for Sarginson, Thornley and Matty Bowen sealed the points.

Warrington fell to their third home defeat of the season as Hull KR claimed a 25-12 victory at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Rovers led 6-0 at half-time thanks to a Michael Weyman try before adding further touchdowns after the break from Travis Burns and Kris Keating.

Weyman added a second with Warrington managing only two tries from Richie Myler in reply.