When news happens, text CHRON and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email & phone.
Haye withdrawal unleashes Fury
Tyson Fury's uncle and trainer has confirmed his nephew will never fight David Haye after their much-publicised heavyweight bout was cancelled.
Haye announced on Saturday morning that a cut sustained over his left eyebrow on Friday night which required six stitches forced him to postpone the contest against Fury a week before they were due to meet in the ring.
While the Londoner is hopeful of re-arranging the clash, Peter Fury thinks otherwise.
He told World Boxing News: "We move on from Haye now and look to better things.
"This has put a bad taste in our mouths so we're moving on and the fight will not be rearranged on our side."
Despite posting a picture of his injury on social networking sites, Haye's pull-out has angered the younger Fury, who lashed out at his heavyweight rival.
"There only would have been one winner and that was me. An army couldn't have stopped me on Saturday night because I'd prepared mentally, physically, everything," said Fury.
"I couldn't have done any more in training. I'm in the shape of my life, I just couldn't wait to show everyone what I was going to do and had up my sleeve.
"There's no excuses ever out of me. You never hear me say excuses. If I had two broken hands I would still go in there and fight on Saturday night."
The Manchester fighter added on Sky Sports 1: "I've been training so hard, so much for these big opportunities and every time I get a big opportunity something goes wrong.
"Why can I not get my time to shine? Give me a reason!"
A statement from Hayemaker Boxing said: "Hayemaker Boxing regret to inform that David Haye has been forced to postpone his September 28 bout with Tyson Fury due to a deep cut suffered during the final spar of training camp.
"The cut above his left eyebrow occurred in round two of sparring on Friday night (September 19) and required six stitches by a plastic surgeon at St Thomas' Hospital. Because of the gravity of the cut, these stitches will now remain in place for five to seven days.
"Unfortunately, after being properly assessed, Haye was left with no choice but to postpone his fight with Fury, scheduled for next Saturday night in Manchester.
"He is currently waiting on further medical assessment to determine the extent of the postponement."
The clash between Haye and Fury had promised to be one of the most eagerly-awaited domestic contests in years, with tickets selling out within hours of going on sale last month.
Haye had been hoping to use the fight to re-establish his world-class credentials after his disappointing points defeat to Wladimir Klitschko in July 2011.
Meanwhile victory for Fury would have lifted him further into contention on the back of a career-best seventh round stoppage of American veteran Steve Cunningham in April.
Haye said: "Gutted isn't even the word.
"Mentally, I'm on the floor at the moment. I'm devastated most of all for my loyal fans, my family and my team, as well as Tyson Fury and his team.
"I know injuries and cuts are part and parcel of our sport, but this doesn't change the feeling of disappointment and sadness I'm experiencing right now. To everyone who has bought tickets, booked hotels, and followed this fight since it was announced, there is absolutely nothing I can do except apologise from the very bottom of my heart.
"Even when everything seems to be right on track, sometimes life throws you a curveball. I will somehow have to try and make the best of this horrible situation. But, right now, I'm in bits about what has happened."