Singer: Sex abuse suit a shakedown

Bryan Singer said sexual abuse allegations against him are 'completely false'

Bryan Singer said sexual abuse allegations against him are 'completely false'

First published in National Entertainment News © by

Director Bryan Singer has broken his silence after he was accused of sexual abuse, saying the allegations are "vicious and completely false".

Aspiring actor Michael Egan III filed a lawsuit earlier this month claiming that the filmmaker forced him into sex during parties in the US when he was 17 in the late 1990s.

Singer has already denied the claims via his lawyers, but has now released a statement in which he also said he would skip all press events for his latest movie X-Men: Days Of Future Past because he doesn't want the case to detract from the film.

"The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false," he said.

"I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days Of Future Past. This fantastic film is a labour of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film.

"However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shakedown it is."

The director also thanked his fans, family and friends for " their amazing and overwhelming support".

X-Men Days Of Future Past is set for release on May 23 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry and Patrick Stewart.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree