KP offered Trott support

Hampshire Chronicle: Kevin Pietersen Kevin Pietersen

Axed England batsman Kevin Pietersen has revealed he tried to help Jonathan Trott after first noticing the problems that forced his early Ashes departure.

Trott left Australia after the first Ashes Test last November due to a stress-related illness, with Pietersen apparently the first on tour to spot his team-mate was struggling to handle the pressure.

Former Hampshire man Pietersen has also claimed he was well-liked in the England dressing-room, despite reports to the contrary following the England and Wales Cricket Board's decision to call time on his international career in the wake of the 5-0 whitewash.

"He has said that I was the first person to notice his problem," Pietersen told the Times of India, after arriving in the sub-continent ahead of the new Indian Premier League tournament.

"I told him that he needed to calm down and he was putting too much pressure on himself.

"Contrary to popular belief, I have very good relationship with most of the guys in the English dressing room. I like to look after them.

"If someone is struggling, I like to go up and put an arm around him."

Trott began his bid to return to the England team earlier this month after making a pre-season return with Warwickshire.

The right-hander made just four in his comeback friendly against Gloucestershire in Birmingham, before again failing to make double figures on Tuesday as his team-mates otherwise piled on 388 for seven against Oxford University.

Despite not yet rediscovering his batting touch, Pietersen is confident Trott is on the right track to recovering his England place.

"He is doing quite well now," Pietersen added.

"He came down with his wife during the opening of my new salon last week and he was looking much better."

Pietersen will begin life after England when the new IPL season starts next week.

The 33-year-old will play his first game for the Delhi Daredevils in Sharjah on April 17.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:58pm Wed 9 Apr 14

Red_Rock says...

Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa?

The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land.

And the Echo buy all this claptrap!
Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa? The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land. And the Echo buy all this claptrap! Red_Rock
  • Score: 0

8:06pm Wed 9 Apr 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

Red_Rock wrote:
Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa?

The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land.

And the Echo buy all this claptrap!
Are you some kind of expert on KP? Easy to slag someone off that can't defend themselves isn't it? Not that he would be bothered about anything said on a Newspaper discussion site anyway. Still a superb cricketer.
[quote][p][bold]Red_Rock[/bold] wrote: Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa? The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land. And the Echo buy all this claptrap![/p][/quote]Are you some kind of expert on KP? Easy to slag someone off that can't defend themselves isn't it? Not that he would be bothered about anything said on a Newspaper discussion site anyway. Still a superb cricketer. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

2:03pm Thu 10 Apr 14

Red_Rock says...

OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Red_Rock wrote:
Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa?

The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land.

And the Echo buy all this claptrap!
Are you some kind of expert on KP? Easy to slag someone off that can't defend themselves isn't it? Not that he would be bothered about anything said on a Newspaper discussion site anyway. Still a superb cricketer.
Go down to the Rose Bowl and talk in private to any of the players who played with him and listen to what they say. Then go and do the same at Trent Bridge. Then go and do the same in the England dressing room. Listen to what those experts say and you might learn something.

One common theme - a good (not great) cricketer but a liability in the dressing room. That's why England have sacked him twice.
[quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Red_Rock[/bold] wrote: Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa? The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land. And the Echo buy all this claptrap![/p][/quote]Are you some kind of expert on KP? Easy to slag someone off that can't defend themselves isn't it? Not that he would be bothered about anything said on a Newspaper discussion site anyway. Still a superb cricketer.[/p][/quote]Go down to the Rose Bowl and talk in private to any of the players who played with him and listen to what they say. Then go and do the same at Trent Bridge. Then go and do the same in the England dressing room. Listen to what those experts say and you might learn something. One common theme - a good (not great) cricketer but a liability in the dressing room. That's why England have sacked him twice. Red_Rock
  • Score: 0

4:15pm Fri 11 Apr 14

OSPREYSAINT says...

Red_Rock wrote:
OSPREYSAINT wrote:
Red_Rock wrote:
Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa?

The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land.

And the Echo buy all this claptrap!
Are you some kind of expert on KP? Easy to slag someone off that can't defend themselves isn't it? Not that he would be bothered about anything said on a Newspaper discussion site anyway. Still a superb cricketer.
Go down to the Rose Bowl and talk in private to any of the players who played with him and listen to what they say. Then go and do the same at Trent Bridge. Then go and do the same in the England dressing room. Listen to what those experts say and you might learn something.

One common theme - a good (not great) cricketer but a liability in the dressing room. That's why England have sacked him twice.
I still like him.
[quote][p][bold]Red_Rock[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OSPREYSAINT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Red_Rock[/bold] wrote: Perhaps he should just refer to himself as Mother Theresa? The guy is totally deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land. And the Echo buy all this claptrap![/p][/quote]Are you some kind of expert on KP? Easy to slag someone off that can't defend themselves isn't it? Not that he would be bothered about anything said on a Newspaper discussion site anyway. Still a superb cricketer.[/p][/quote]Go down to the Rose Bowl and talk in private to any of the players who played with him and listen to what they say. Then go and do the same at Trent Bridge. Then go and do the same in the England dressing room. Listen to what those experts say and you might learn something. One common theme - a good (not great) cricketer but a liability in the dressing room. That's why England have sacked him twice.[/p][/quote]I still like him. OSPREYSAINT
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree