Winchester firemen tackle fire at nursing home

Winchester firemen tackle fire at nursing home

Winchester firemen tackle fire at nursing home

First published in Winchester

WINCHESTER firefighters doused a fire in a laundry room at a nursing home.

Some elderly residents had to be moved as smoke began to clog the Flowerdown nursing home on Harestock Road at about 5pm on Sunday.

Crew manager Vince Barnes, of Winchester Fire Station, said the fire was caused by a faulty tumble drier and the flames was quickly quelled by two firefighters in breathing apparatus.

A ventilator was then used to clear the smoke.

CM Barnes said around ten residents had to be moved but no-one was injured in the incident.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree