When news happens, text CHRON and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email & phone.
Winchester firemen tackle fire at nursing home
3:23pm Tuesday 20th November 2012 in Winchester
WINCHESTER firefighters doused a fire in a laundry room at a nursing home.
Some elderly residents had to be moved as smoke began to clog the Flowerdown nursing home on Harestock Road at about 5pm on Sunday.
Crew manager Vince Barnes, of Winchester Fire Station, said the fire was caused by a faulty tumble drier and the flames was quickly quelled by two firefighters in breathing apparatus.
A ventilator was then used to clear the smoke.
CM Barnes said around ten residents had to be moved but no-one was injured in the incident.
Comments are closed on this article.