A fire crew has attended a Winchester college after a student accidentally got her hand caught in machinery.
Winchester Fire Station attended the scene at Peter Symonds College where a student caught her finger in a sewing machine in a Textiles examination and was freed by the crew.
Called to @Symonds_College to release a young ladies hand from machinery. Staff kept her calm and gave us good directions, valuable help 👍— Winchester Fire Stn (@WinchesterStn30) May 16, 2017
A spokeswoman for the College said: " Although it was an upsetting situation for the student, it was a minor incident.
“The student was fine and went home for the afternoon. She did not need to go to hospital and was more concerned about her work than her finger, “She commented that it was caused by a momentary lapse in concentration under the pressure of exams.
“The College takes the safety of its students very seriously and an investigation into the incident will be conducted.”