Inquest rules Stockbridge pensioner died after choking on food

Inquest rules Stockbridge pensioner died after choking on food

Inquest rules Stockbridge pensioner died after choking on food

First published in News

A RETIRED Stockbridge accountant died after choking on his supper, an inquest has heard.

Cyril Glover, who was known by his middle name of John, collapsed at his Trafalgar Way home on the evening of June 15 this year.

He was found to have died by the time the ambulance arrived at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital.

The inquest heard how the 89-year-old suffered from eating problems and dementia, for which his carers had been advised to be give him food which had been chopped up and was easy to swallow.

Carer Rosemary Chalke said Mr Glover had been on good form on the day of his death: “I patted his back and realised it was serious. I went straight to dial 999,” she said.

Mid-Hampshire coroner Grahame Short recorded a verdict of accidental death by asphyxia, caused by choking on food.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree