A RECOVERING Winchester drug addict died of a heroin overdose after relapsing and taking cocaine and heroin, an inquest heard.
Damien King, known to loved ones as Boo, was found dead at his home on March 22 having also spent the evening drinking with his girlfriend, Daniella Miller.
The couple had spent the evening together at Damien's mum's house where he lived but Daniella found Damien collapsed on the kitchen floor just before midnight.
Southampton Coroners Court heard how neighbours performed CPR but it was too late and he was taken to Winchester hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The 33-year-old from Milland Road, Highcliffe, had a history of drink and drug abuse and had been treated at Georges drug rehabilitation centre in Winchester and Baytrees in Portsmouth.
His mum, Angela King told Southampton Coroner’s court that she believed he had not taken drugs for weeks before his death.
Coroner for Central Hampshire Grahame Short concluded that Damien died of a drug-related death due to the accidental misjudgment of the amount he could tolerate.