MORE than a thousand homes across Hampshire were left without power earlier today.
Following reports made earlier today (January 28), it has emerged that hundreds of properties suffered with power outages across Beauworth, Bramdean, Brockwood, Cheriton and West Meon after a cable was allegedly struck in Alresford.
Duncan MacDonald, a spokesman for Southern Electric, said the problems began at around 9.30am when road-workers hit a cable on Appledown Lane.
"We'd like to apologise to our customers who have been affected by the power cuts," he said. "We aim to get our customers back up and running as quickly as possible. We have engineers carrying out repairs on site at present."
Mr MacDonald confirmed six properties in the Appledown Lane area are still without power. It is not yet known which firm had been carrying out the road works when the cable was damaged.