* DELIGHTFUL GRADE II LISTED COTTAGE IN PICTURESQUE OWSLEBURY * BUILT CIRCA 1675 * SPACIOUS LOUNGE/DINER WITH FEATURE OPEN FIREPLACE AND EXPOSED BEAMS * BASEMENT WITH EN-SUITE FACILITIES * TWO FIRST FLOOR BEDROOMS * STUNNING KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM * OFF ROAD PARKING AND DETACHED GARAGE *
A fantastic opportunity to purchase a charming Grade II listed cottage in the village of Owslebury within the South Downs National Park. Built around 1675, the property boasts a plethora of character features including exposed beams, latched doors and a beautiful brick open fireplace in the lounge. An inspection is a must to appreciate all this lovely cottage has to offer.
Wooden front entrance door with glazed panel, two side aspect windows, tiled flooring, door to lounge/diner
Lounge / Diner 20' 2" (max) x 14' 10" (max) ( 6.15m (max) x 4.52m (max) )
L-shaped room, two front aspect windows, one side aspect window, feature open fireplace with large brick and tile hearth with wooden mantle, television and telephone points, wall lights, three radiators, exposed wooden beams, doors to hallway, door to kitchen, wall mounted fuse box
Kitchen 18' 11" (max) x 11' 4" (max) ( 5.77m (max) x 3.45m (max) )
L-shaped room, modern refitted kitchen comprising a range of wall and base level units with granite work surfaces over and tiled splashbacks, inset ceramic double sink with inset drainer, electric cooker point, cookerhood, space for fridge/freezer, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, cupboard housing wall mounted Worcester oil combi boiler, tiled floor, radiator, downlighters, side aspect and rear aspect window overlooking garden, door to lounge/diner, side door leading to garden
Door to steps (with reduced head height) leading down to basement and hanging space for coats, door to rear garden, stairs to first floor with rear aspect window at half way landing and sloped ceiling, door to bathroom, doors to lounge/diner
Suite comprising panelled bath with shower over and folding screen, wash hand basin, low level WC, rear aspect window, fully tiled walls, radiator with towel hanging rail over, tiled floor, sloping ceiling
Basement 14' 1" x 10' 2" ( 4.29m x 3.10m )
Double glazed front aspect window, radiator, wall lights, brick floor, exposed wooden beams, door to:
Suite comprising shower cubicle, low level WC, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, extractor, airing cupboard housing cylinder, wooden beam, downlighters
First Floor Landing
Two double glazed Velux windows, doors to bedrooms
Bedroom One 15' 1" (max) x 13' 1" (max) ( 4.60m (max) x 3.99m (max) )
Front and side aspect windows, two radiators, telephone point, exposed floorboards, sloped ceiling, small door to eaves storage space over extension
Eaves Storage 14' 11" x 4' 9" (min) ( 4.55m x 1.45m (min) )
Sloped ceilings giving low head height
Bedroom Two 11' 2" (excluding slope) x 7' ( 3.40m (excluding slope) x 2.13m )
Front aspect window, sloping ceiling, radiator, exposed floorboards, small loft hatch
Front / Side Gardens
Long gravel driveway to side providing off road parking for several cars, brick and flint wall to front with wooden gate, brick pathway to front entrance porch, wide plant and shrub borders to side, outside tap, hardstanding with oil heating tank, paved patio, two side gates
Fence enclosed garden mainly laid to lawn with paving stones, mature shrub borders, vegetable patch, side door to garage, wooden storage shed
Garage 18' 8" (max) x 9' 9" (max) ( 5.69m (max) x 2.97m (max) )
Detached garage with up and over door, power and light, side aspect window, personal door to garden, eaves storage, concrete floor
This character property is set within the beautiful South Downs National Park in the village of Owslebury with its church, primary school and public house. Winchester city centre is within approximately six miles with its historic cathedral, Discovery Centre, cinema, theatres and High Street shops and restaurants.
For a rental valuation or for further lettings information please contact our lettings team on 01962 864444.
N.B. The floorplan shown has not been produced by Connells and therefore the measurements may differ from those on the property particulars.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. These particulars do not constitute part or all of an offer or contract.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Potential buyers are advised to recheck the measurements before committing to any expense.
5. Connells has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and it is the buyers interests to check the working condition of any appliances.
6. Connells has not sought to verify the legal title of the property and the buyers must obtain verification from their solicitor.