THE Hampshire Chronicle has launched a unique new education platform enabling people to review and select the right school or college in the area.
The site’s aim is to become the go-to place for any parent who wants to make an informed decision about their child’s education.
The platform brings together information from a variety of sources including GOV.UK, Ofsted and the schools themselves, enhanced by features and functionality to make searching and comparing choices easy.
Parents will be able to:
* Search and compare all schools and colleges in their local area and across the UK;
* Access Ofsted results, with links to full reports;
* Get advice from other parents and students or share your own views to help others;
* Access academic performance and league tables – presented as infographics to make them easy to digest;
* View a searchable calendar of open days and evenings;
* See bespoke guides to help with every aspect of the decision making.
Schools, colleges and sixth forms can also edit and enhance their own profiles with features including:
* Principal’s message – deeper insight into their core values and beliefs, new developments and anything else to connect with audiences;
* The ability to upload school brochures;
* Add a calendar of events throughout the year, with open days/evenings, social events, weekend activities, community outreach;
* Embed their Twitter feed.
Henry Faure Walker, chief executive, Newsquest Media Group, said: “This is a great new site that connects and informs local people about the school and college choices in their local area. By providing a one-stop-shop for finding the right secondary school or college, it fills a neat gap in the market.”
The new education site is embedded as the education channel within all 160 of Newsquest’s local sites.
To try it now, visit hampshirechronicle.co.uk/education.