Workers at MC Rental in Nursling were evacuated after a fire this morning

First published in Hampshire Business
Last updated
Hampshire Chronicle: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A FIRE broke out at a Hampshire business this morning.

A hose on a gas cylinder caught fire at MC Rental in Test Lane, Nursling.

Staff at the business were quickly evacuated as fire engines from Redbridge and St Mary's Fire Station were called to the scene.

However by the time firefighters arrived, the blaze had already been put out.

Hampshire Chronicle:

A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue, said they had the initial call at 10.45am, they left the scene after 11.30am after doing a safety check of the premises.

A director for MC Rental, who did not want to be named, said: “It was a small fire on a settling pipe, it is out now and there was no damage to anybody or anything.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:34pm Wed 6 Aug 14

arthur boutfaith says...

or a small fire on an acetylene pipe perhaps?
or a small fire on an acetylene pipe perhaps? arthur boutfaith
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree